Why do people lie about tragedies?

I have been coming across so many BS stories lately... People claiming to be in abusive relationships... where their kids are being treated horribly etc... and then the story grows even more drama filled and more "Poor Me, I'm such an angel and look at all I am going through" is piled on... but their profile shows a totally different story? Or they post it all "Anonymously"... to include a death of a child, but there is no emotion in the writing. Just facts and Poor Me stuff... What the heck is up? A lot of bored teeny-moms I guess. Anyone else come across this crap?

Keriokeeee

Asked by Keriokeeee at 11:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Im sure I do see lots of this between this site and yahoo answers, however Im not great at telling who is real and who is fake. I guess these people just are desperate for attention, which is pretty bad if they really do have kids. How can you make up a story that your own kid is dead or whatever?? I dont even want that thought to ever cross my mind. Some people are messed up in the head.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Please don't assume. I am a first generation born natural American. My mother is still adjusting being an American after being in the U.S. since a young girl. I don't say anything as a "poor me" but to show how far I've come along and survived on my own two feet. (I know many other people who came to the U.S. to escape political hardships, to encounter other hardships here in the states.)

As for those asking questions about their relationships, please assume that they are telling the truth, because they could possibly be.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 7:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I have no doubt people lie on here all the time however... Profiles are more public than most groups so it is possible that what you see there is going to be different. My friends know all about my husband being out of work and the problems I am having with my son and marriage. I might even post a journal but I don't broadcast it on my profile though.
    ImNewHere

Answer by ImNewHere at 4:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2008