Booster seats

My daughter is 8 and very small for her age. She still sits in a booster seat because it is the only way the seatbelt properly fits her. I am paranoid about her safety. I see parents with kids smaller than her who do not have their kids in booster seats. In Texas they have to be 8 or 4ft 9 to be out of a seat. She will be in a seat until she reaches that height. I think it is a small concession for her safety.

How do you feel about booster seats?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I agree!!! They make those seatbelt/carseat laws for a reason.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My 4 1/2 yr old is still in a 5 point harness carseat until Oct when she turns 5 then I will put her in a booster
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My one son is very thin, but very tall for his age. I kept him in the booster until he was 10 because the recommended weight was 80 pounds. In our state it was a weight things versus a height thing and I went with the weight, even though he was past the age. He is almost 12 and not even 80 pounds yet, but his father stopped using the seat so he began refusing to use it for me as well.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My kids will ride in the appropriate seats until they are at the max for height/weight. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Having my child protected is my major concern. I see children the same age as my daughter (5) not in booster seats and not being protected at all. Some parents feel that having their child in a booster seat is not a requirement but I beg to differ but I keep my mouth shut and continue putting my child in her booster seat....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I feel that until the seat belt fits the child properly, booster seats are a must have!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2011