When is the last time you yelled at your kid????

Today Kelley (4) took our chihuahua's face in her hands and squeezed it until he cried....it's obvious that she was TRYING to hurt him...I couldnt help it...I yelled at her and sent her to her room...why on earth would she do that??? AND we just had a discussion YESTERDAY about her pulling his tail!...she KNOWS that what she is doing is wrong...so yeah...I yelled

When is the last time you yelled at your kid and what was the reason?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• last night,he poured water into the medicine cabinet. no idea why...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Just now omg so bad for 3 weeks.
    Anonymous

• This morning. he didn't want to get out of bed
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 3:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Last night before bedtime, my 2 year old flung himself of the bed arm outstretched into the middle of the floor. I yelled "NOOOOOOO!" I thought he was injured for sure, but he was fine and laughing. I was having a heart attack almost.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• This morning. She is eight and had "forgotten" to get her stuff together last night. So this morning she was slowly moving around getting dressed. Took her ten minutes to put freakin socks on. Then she couldn't find the shoes she wanted to wear. Then as I am trying to walk out the door she stops me to tell me that she is out of school on Friday.. (knew that) Then she runs out to my car to ask if I can put her hair up (um no) Then she stood on the front porch instead of going inside with her dad. I had to get out and go make her go inside. So I was a little frustrated.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I didn't yell at her, but she is in trouble today....& now she is in her room playing victim....i am not going in there to coddle her...she can come out when she feels like it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Never. My oldest is 13, I have 5 and I have never yelled at any of them. They know the quieter I get the madder I am - when momma starts to whisper they are in trouble! lol
    My stepdad grew up in a house with a lot of yelling and vowed never to yell at his kids. There were 5 of us, we were all 5 teenagers at the same time, but yet he never yelled. It made a big impact on me, so I made the same vow.

Answer by missanc at 3:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• she spoke to me in a rude tone & i told her "don't you speak to me that way" she says "I was not being rude i said it like this......." Then proceeds to act & re-play how nicely she spoke to me...LOL! I said "You did not sound that way, you were rude & quick with me & that is not how you talk to your mother"

Well, now it's my word against hers. I know she spoke to me rudely & i am not going to go in her room trying to "make nice" when she is the one who gave me an attitude in the first place. She is playing victim & i am not falling for it....in fact it's pissing me off! She is 9...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• This morning my boys bedroom looked like several tornados hit it.
    Momof4gmdt

Answer by Momof4gmdt at 3:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• This morning. My ds (3) was playing in the playroom, when I heard a crash!!! I went in and he had pushed over his organizer!! Toys were everywhere!! I got mad bc I had just helped clean it up. He had to go sit in time out and then help me pick all the toys up.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2011