HEAD COUNT!!! Who is looking forward to the kids being out of school? Who is NOT?

and why???? I am hearing from lots of my gf who are saying... oh! Just blankety blank days to go and summer is here and the kids will be out of school.... well.. sometimes I have to admit... there is that brief moment of the days when I say... whew! The kiddos are gone... I have a little bit of time to clean, take a shower, work on the computer, etc etc... so, it is kind of nice to have them in school.... and yet again... summer is fun with them.... traveling, swimming, making memories while we can and they are still young and so on..... Anyway... I think I have mixed feelings about this... how about you!!!!??

FingerPainter

Asked by FingerPainter at 3:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well, my youngest two are 18 & graduate next month. I'm rather straddling the fence on this. On one hand, no more getting kids up, ready for school and out the door. On the other hand, no more summers with the kids. :-/ It goes so fast. And, you don't realize it till it's all said and done.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I can't wait until they are home for summer. But then, usually they are out running around the neighborhood with their friends, so unless they want to go swim or are hungry lol I don't see them all that much!

Answer by missanc at 3:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I am both ways on this. I will be glad when they are out so I dont have to get up so early..lol and I am not glad because I will not have the time like I have now to clean house, run errands, etc without my kids..
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'm looking forward to school being out so we won't have school getting in the way on how much we can do. If we want to go to the zoo we don't have to wait until the weekend or we don't have to wait to go shopping....it's FREEDOM!!!

And next school year DD will be in Kindergarten, so that will be even worse than now. The days will be longer and the week will be 5 days instead of 4. Not looking forward to this....
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'm looking forward to mine being IN school!!! lol...I couldnt afford to send her to preschool so I'm counting down the days until she is in kindergarden lol....unfortunatly I still have a year to go LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• NOT! do not want to hear "im sooooooooo bored" "omg why can't we go swimming its just a thunderstorm" "why cant so and so come over" "why do I have to read a book its VACATION.....hey when are we GOING on vacation"

:)
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 3:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• my son is a VERY early riser..... so I have 3 months of 5:45am mornings ahead of me. So, uh... no.

my daughter will start kindergarten in the fall. I consider this her last summer of childhood and I'm terribly weepy/emotional over it.

so 1 kid I dread and the other I look forward to. lolz
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I usually enjoy the first half of the summer. After that all I can here is them crying to go back to school to be with their friends. After a few weeks of listening to that I am ready for them to go back too. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My oldest starts school in June - That I'm excited for...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I enjoy summer days! It gets kinda lonely sometimes, and if not lonely, then it's so monotonous! At least we will get to spend more time together- I never seem to get enough of that :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011