Biting??

My 1 year old daughter is still teething, but she has gotten into the habit of actually biting people latly, and im not sure what to do about it. ive tried giving her the teething toys, like the rings, and even wrapping ice in a cloth for her to chew on, but she still bites people when she is being held.

Cas_93

Asked by Cas_93 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Bite her back, Not hard at all like just your gums over your teeth and press just alil so she can feel it but it dont hurt her. and just hold it.

II know not everyone will agree with this.
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I say bite her back the second she does it,. She WILL stop. However, NO ONE ever likes this idea.

So, you can keep telling her no and telling her it hurts and removing her time and time again until it sinks in. However long it takes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I guess im not the only one that likes the biting back idea!
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My son bit twice. I bit him back the second time. He never bit again.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• yeah i agree bite back just not hard
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Whenever my teething children bit me they'd get a flick on the mouth/cheek. I can count on the fingers of one hand, with fingers left over, how many times my two children bit.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have always told parents of children in my daycare to bite back. Obviously it must be done with care but in my experience it has never failed to work. My childcare professor would probably disown me if she knew LOL
    TexBrit2012

Answer by TexBrit2012 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• my daughter bit me one time I dont think you should bite your baby back they dont know any better at that age and if shes teething all she is thinking about is relieving the pressure and she has found biting to be the best way so far my daughter bit out of anger so I said ow super loud and the next time she went to bite I stuck her arm to her mouth real fast she did not like it found out it hurt and hasnt tried to bite since when you bite her it shows her its ok and its child abuse you CAN get in trouble for it
    day.dreamer

Answer by day.dreamer at 4:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I was told to bite back when it happens, but man, that's a tough one. I'm not sure I could do it... but it does work.. worked on my niece and nephew... :S
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 10:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Thanks. I may try it
    Cas_93

Comment by Cas_93 (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2011