I need new idea's for my dd packed lunches??

my dayghter is getting tired of the dame old thing HELP!!

babybear1997

Asked by babybear1997 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• These are some things I do for a "main course" in place of a sandwich: all kinds of salads (vegetable, pasta, potato), cold pizza, bagels with cream cheese, crackers and cheese, tuna fish and crackers. I also use some leftovers like cold pizza, cold soft tacos or chicken fajitas. I give them all kinds of fruits and veggies, you can really pack a variety on those things.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My daughter is very strange. She always wants her peanut butter sandwich (only 1/2 and cut into two squares).

We aim for convenience, so most of the time it's fruit (apples, pears, grapes, watermelon, strawberries), veggies (carrot sticks/baby carrots), fruit gummis, fruit roll-ups, raisins, yogurt, go-gurt, lunchmeat (plain turkey slices rolled up with/without cheese in them), string cheese, pretzels, chips, dried fruit, popcorn, etc. Some other things I throw in include crackers, breakfast cereal in a baggie, or other little snack-type items.

Now things are cooling down and the girls also take food in their thermoses: spaghettios, ramen noodles, regular soup, leftovers from home (pasta/rice dishes), etc. The trick is to put boiling hot water in the thermos and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before you put the hot food in it. That way, it really stays warm until lunchtime.

Hope that helps!
    FishBiscuit

Answer by FishBiscuit at 11:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I have sent my son with the long pretzel rods wrapped with swiss cheese and any type of sandwich meat.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2008