How can I start a babysitting club?

I am looking for mothers in my area to start a babysitting club- based of a point system? Has anyone ever done this- if so how did it work out? Any advice??

mommax09

Asked by mommax09 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• My best advice would be to get together w/ other moms who would want to participate and work out the details together.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes!!! It was the best thing ever! It was started way back in 1989 by a group of moms in my hood and as far as I know is still in existence today. I resigned in 2005. I met some of my best friends in that club and my children forged great friendships there too. We think it's free babysitting but for them it's a play date. We also used to have "socials" where we'd get together and do things like easter egg hunts and make valentines cards.
    Logistically we started with 0 points and then you could not go above or below 100. There was a secretary and a bookkeeper that you called the points into and they got 2 points per family per quarter. There was non mandatory quarterly meetings to discuss issues and socials. There are safety rules to be ironed out about dogs, pools, and guns.
    Most of the kids I sat for are in college now. I see them around sometimes. Good luck.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2011