Did you ever get really scared that you weren't going to be a good mom before your baby was born?

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 3:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, not really.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Of course, I still have guilty mom moments, I think we all do at times.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• @ SabrinaMBowen :)
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Thats the only thing I was scared about. I was worried about not having the patience and making major mistakes and the feedings. Pretty much everything. Once I went into labor I remember crying because I was so scared about the actual mommy part. Once you actually hold your baby it changes everything all those fears went out the window. Yes I made some and will probably make a lot more mistakes but none too life altering yet.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• @ amazinggrace83 i hate it i think it's mostly being scared
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• @ Eisleysmommy27 thank you that really helped reassure me :)
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Honestly, no. I was so wanting (NEEDING) to be a mom before DD that it never even occurred to me that I wouldn't be the best mom out there. It was after she was lying in my arms that I started to "panic."
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• @AllAboutKeeley :)
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• That is all a natural part of being a Mom :)

We all make mistakes with the first baby and hopefully learn through that experience. The life style changes were the biggest surprise to me. But I agree with the previous post, that when that newborn is placed in your arms, all your natural Mommy instincts kick into gear!

Before my first baby I read every baby-care book on the market! Talk about confusing! Most of their advice and suggestions didn't apply to my little one - so we learned what to do and how to communicate together.

My advice? Just take time to bond and your baby will let you know what he/she needs/wants/likes and dislikes

Good Luck
    Julie
    TexBrit2012

Answer by TexBrit2012 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I wasn't afraid of being a good mom or not. I was afraid I wouldn't like being a mom. It's not like you can return them if you don't like it! But once I felt movement, I couldn't wait to meet my son. I was instantly in love.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2011