Has your sister already told you ur not going to be a bridesmaid in her wedding?

My sister was close to being engaged at one point and the subject of weddings came up. I assumed I'd be a bridesmaid but she said she didn't want me as a bridesmaid. She said she'd be a bridezilla and would have everyone working out and every detail of their appearance would have to be approved by her. What are reasons why ur sister wouldn't want you in her wedding?

istealcookies

Asked by istealcookies at 3:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• my little sister was my flower girl :)
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i hope my sister doesn't get married any time soon :) she's 10 but i think the reason why is because she wouldn't wanna boss you around and yell at you
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If she admitted she was going to be a bridezilla, consider yourself lucky she didn't want you to be a bridesmaid! Her loss because it could have been something special you shared.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I think thats crazy! I was the maid of honor at my sisters wedding, we have 11 years between us and have lived far away from each other forever. I think your sister is not thinking about what is really important about a wedding like love, and family, nobody looks back at their wedding pictures and says oh I wish this bridesmaid wouldnt have been so fat or this one would have gone to the dermatologist. You look back and say I'm so glad the people I loved were there to share my wedding day.
    damselphish

Answer by damselphish at 3:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My little sister and I hadn't talked for years when she got married. I was just happy to be there to enjoy her special day and we have been close ever since.
    If I had been a bridesmaid or her matron of honor we would have fought, argued, shouted and yelled and I would probably never have been at the wedding out of pride!
    When the time comes, just be there for her and be as involved or not involved as she wants you to be.
    And enjoy it :)
    Julie
    TexBrit2012

Answer by TexBrit2012 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I suppose since your sister admitted she'd be a control freak and didn't want to put you through that I could understand her not having you as a bridesmaid but I'm very close to my sister and honestly I think it should be your choice - my sister had some control freak moments during her wedding but I knew she would and decided dealing with that was worth being there standing next to her while she married a man I knew would cherish her for the rest of her life and after the crap she went through with her ex seeing her happy and standing by her side was very important to me. She even asked me if I was willing to put up with her diva moments during the 8 months or so of planning before the big day - I told her she was an idiot to think I wouldn't be there for every moment whether she was a blushing bride or a bitch.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 3:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yeah we're close which is why it kinda stung a little. I'm just trying to let it go. I figure her future plans are her future plans.
    istealcookies

Comment by istealcookies (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• That's so mean. I had my sisters and brother in my wedding. My sister was a junior bridesmaid, other sister flower girl and my brother was a ring barer. I have a brother and sister who were not in my wedding but that was their choice.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• use a Q-TIP
    Quit Taking It Personally

Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 4:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011