Are there any Christian baised religons that SUPPORT ABortion

??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian and I will tell you that I know several Christian's, including myself that have this belief; I cannot choose what is right for another person, its their body and decision... therefore, I guess that would mean I am pro-choice and Christian. I do not think any persons rights should be taken away. I would personally not have one because of my beliefs but I will not advocate for someone else to make a decision for you,

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't believe there are any Christian belief systems which ADVOCATE abortion. But there are those which simply avoid the subject and allow their followers to decide for themselves. There is a scripture (I can't remember where) that states if a man injures a pregnant woman and she is caused to miscarry her unborn child he should be stoned to death. So I can see why most Christian beliefs would not advocate abortion. However, being Abortion is a Political issue and not a Religious one, I feel they should take council against it while teaching tolerance for those who choose that way.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• There is a difference between being pro-choice and pro-abortion or supporting abortion. I'm sure you've been instructed on these differences ad nauseum and choose to ignore them so I won't bother repeating them. But just for the record YES, there ARE churches that support a woman's right to choose and though they might hope she chooses not to abort, they won't condemn her for deciding otherwise either.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• im sure, its pretty common to deny murder
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 10:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Not to my knowledge. I'm not saying there aren't...but if there is, I'm unaware of them.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I doubt it.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011