F***ing walmart pharmacy!!!

Our doctor fax over a prescription for my son. A hour after they faxed it i went to go get it and it still wasn't ready. Told me to come back in 30 minutes. I returned a hour later and they still didn't have it ready. I am so pissed off right now. I told them don't bother filling it and that I am taking it else where. They do this every freaking time. I forgot to tell our doctor that I wanted a different pharmacy then the one on file. I called when I got home to see if they can fax it over to another place and surprise surprise they finally had it ready but they said it was $82. I told them they have it wrong and I won't be picking it up. The pharmacy argued with me saying I still had to pay the money. I said I never ever paid that much for medicine before and insurance is suppose to cover most of it, She says we have no insurance on file for you. WTF! This is about the 8th time we filled things there and they all of a sudden don't have our insurance on file??
Sorry had to vent.
Anyone else ever have issues with walmart pharmacy?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Shopping

• I hate wal mart period.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I can't stand Walmart's pharmacy! They can't seem to figure out that I have TWINS. I'm NOT DOUBLE DIPPING MEDS!!!!! So, I just stick with Target. LOL. They take good care of us there.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• yep, they suck lol I actually had them question a perscription that my doctor had sent. They said that there was no way it could be right even though it was, They thought my dr. wanted me to take more than what i should for that type of medication, im like who's the dr. here, NOT YOU! so they wouldnt let me pick up my meds til they were able to contact my dr and confirm the dosage, which took 4 days wtf???? stupid walmart pharm...lol
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Nope. Never had a problem. Kroger (grocery store in Ohio area) pharmacy I've had several problems with, but never Wal-Mart.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• That's why I gave up on Walmart Pharmacy even though they're the closest, and travel a little further to Target.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yep Wal-Mart pharmacy used to do the same thing to me! It would take FOREVER to get prescriptions filled! I finally remembered to tell my Dr to send it somewhere else. I won't be going back if I can help it!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• did it occur to you they may be busy with other scripts, as well as yours? idk when they are the slowest, but my dh's store is less busy late morning/early afternoon. sometimes, the drs don't fax the scripts as soon as you think they do, either.

@ aydensmommy...wouldn't you rather them question a script, and be sure about it (correct type/dosage/etc), than to fill it regardless..then something happen as a result? you'd be pissed and sueing them, in that case.

cheese and rice, people. if you get 'bad service' somewhere over and over and over and over and over and over..need i go on? go somewhere else!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i use walgreens and for the most part, never had a problem.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011