What do you do with a 1yr old

Im a stay at home mom. And lately things have been getting sort of boring during the day. I feel bad because my daughter probably watches too much tv but the tv is always on in this house. I cant sit in silence for too long. But right now there is nothing for us to do. Its too cold to play outside. The house we live in (in-laws house) is too messy for her to play on the floor in the livingroom. So she either plays in her pack n play or we play up in her room. But what kind of activities can I do with her that are fun?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we dance,we sing,read, play with her toys just act silly and have fun
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• my son is 1 and i recently took a box of banana creme pudding and made it according to the directions of the box, and put it in about 4 different containers and added a different food coloring to each, and let him fingerpaint with it, and he can eat it toO!! I also made some edible playdough, but he wasn't really interested in that yet. I bought a coloring book and some non toxizccrayons, and he enjoys scribbling on the paper, also, he loves anyroom that he is not usually in, so i might take him up to our bedroom and let him run around, he likes to take my clothes out of the bottom drawer of our dresser. ( of course i hate folding the clothes and putting htem back) He loves when we read books to him. Thats pretty much all i can think of aside from the usual toys you have laying around the house!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 12:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with the others... playing, singing, coloring....my son and I fingerpaint, I read to him, theres lots to do... its such a fun age :)
    mnmommy1

Answer by mnmommy1 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No one thinks of taking there kids out side any more. My little girl’s favorite thing to do is go outside. We don’t even have any outside toys but she likes to look at the rocks and the leaves. And some times I turn on the radio and we dance she loves to do that. I also take some books out with us and we will read or color. I know it is getting cold but my little girl is still outside most of the time I just bundle her up really well and she loves it. She is also getting all the vitamins from the sun that she need so think about taking your little on out side he may just love it.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My son is 14 months old and he loves to play with pots and pans, lids off of the baby food jars, big bowls. He helps with laundry (unfolding it all, putting it in the washer/dryer). Depending on your area there may be a mall close by that has an indoor play area. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008