Does talking about something help bc its "VENTING" OR is the contrary talking

just makes the person think abt that person or problem. Even more.. is venting over rated. I GET IT the first 2 times but after i think it makes the person think abt it even more.. thoughts??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Health

• I think one nice long vent SHOULD be enough.  Then you move on.  Harping on anything isn't good.  Or make jokes.  I'm constantly telling jokes about my pregnancy but I guess some (since we have no body language or facial expressions here) would take me seriously and wish I'd shut up, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• One long vent usually is good for me. Usually. lol I agree with Mrs. Houston. Harping is not good so I vent usually to DH and if I'm still irritated I take it to my online friends and they cheer me up and I get on with it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011