Any LDS mommas?

Just wanted to see if there were any LDS mommas out there and see what they do and dont like about their religon. The missionaries have been giving me lessons and I am curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My whole family is LDS but I don't believe in the religion myself. My grandfather just got married at a temple which I was unable to enter. It was kind of weird going to a wedding but not being able to actually see the wedding. He's going on a mission to Africa after his honeymoon. I've had some things I completely disagree with. When my grandmother was on her death bed still breathing and coherent they were doing her hair and nails for the funeral. All the missionaries would hover and wouldn't leave me and my grandmother alone. I can't stand organized religion in general but I'll respect it when I have to. Oh yeah and they kicked my mother out of the church because she had a child out of wedlock. Whatever floats your boat.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• There are many LDS moms on here and they even have a group if you wanted to join Im sure they'd welcome you.

My entire family is LDS and has been for generations. However, I left the church and had my membership removed a couple years back. But if you ever wanna ask me anything about the religion you are more than welcome to PM me, I remember everything I was ever taught and the things I taught when I was a missionary.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have a bunch of LDS family and an LDS friend, but I myself am not LDS, I'm just Christian. I too find it strange that those who are not members are unable to enter the "temple". I wonder how they expect to convert people or share their beliefs with others when they're not allowed in. I don't agree with all of the beliefs, but have no problem with LDS followers. (I do have an issue with the fundamental LDS)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'm LDS. I don't want to scare you away...lol... but the thing I like best about being LDS is how much is expected of me. It's pushed me to be a better person, to serve others more consistently and with a joyful heart, to learn more and understand more. A close second is how much a personal relationship with God and Christ is emphasized. My biggest pet peeve? I guess it's about some of the people, more than the doctrine itself. At times some can confuse culture or tradition with doctrine. I hate to say it, because it perpetuates a stereotype, but it's most common in Utah. Places where LDS are in the minority (ie, everywhere else!) its less of a problem.
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I am LDS and I love it. I love that family is so important. There are so many resources, programs, and information available to help families. I also love that all positions are volunteer -- no one has to worry about making a mistake and losing their job. They have their position in the church because they were ready for it, and at any time if something comes up, they can give it up no questions asked. The biggest issue I ever have is the people, which honestly has nothing to do with the religion. There are good and bad people everywhere, no way to avoid it. Sometimes I focus too much on the negative attitudes of people I go to church with, rather than the message being taught and have to remind myself that no one is perfect!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/42/
    That is the link for the LDS Moms group here, you can ask questions even if you are not a member of the group. We are happy to answer any questions you have so feel free to drop by anytime or join! :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011