When you relinquished your child for adoption did you receive the home study info?

I am just wondering for those who have lost their babies to adoption...did you only receive the cutsey profile???
Did you have access to the home study, which is much more detailed and includes children, arrest records and previous marriages??

Kidsmamabear

Asked by Kidsmamabear at 11:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Adoption

• I have never relinquished, I am an adoptive parent, but you should have been able to see their home study information if you requested it. The attorney or agency should have redacted the personal information and shown it to you. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't want to show it to you, unless it has information on it that they think you might not like. Did you ask to see it?
    adoptionsc

Answer by adoptionsc at 11:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I never got to see anything. They didnt even let me keep the picture of the couple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My attorney got a copy of the home study and the profile from this PAP. The information on the cutsey profile was grossly tainted and misleading compared to the information on their homestudy!!!
    Kidsmamabear

Answer by Kidsmamabear at 11:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• The profile is the one they write themselves. The home study is done by someone else. The profile is more like a narrative about them personally trying to "sell" themselves to a potential bmom. So of course its going to be different. How so, was is "misleading" and "tainted" in your opinion?
    Anonymous

• Why would you say you "lost" your baby to adoption?
    Anonymous

• Anon 12:39 pm -- People say that because many times after all is said and done with, BMoms regret the decision they made, so they turn into victims who "lost" their babies instead of people who acted out of free will.
    Anonymous

• OP: The BMom has no right to the homestudy. The homestudy is only done for the PAP's to get approved to be able to adopt. It's a state thing, not an agency thing. If the PBP has such a desire to know if the PAP's committed a crime, maybe she should ask the agency/lawyer she is going through.
    Anonymous

• As a PAP, I wouldn't mind a mom seeing a copy of the homestudy with my name and personal identifying information removed. I wouldn't want you to have identifying information on me (picture, ssn, address, etc). The exception would be in an open adoption where obviously things are more open. Do mom's get a chance to spend time with a prospective adoptive family before choosing them? I think that is important too. The reason I said that is I have an assult arrest that was dismissed, and if that was all the information you had on me you would have no way of knowing I got that from defending my 70 year old mom from a drunk who was pushing her around and I would do the exact same thing today if someone was attacking another person. That doesn't mean I am a nut, I would prefer to NEVER be in that situation again, so I vote for LOTS of information being shared on both sides of the adoption.
    Anonymous

• I did not get a copy of the homestudy, however I do have a lot of other information on the couple. Full names, dates of birth, passport numbers, d.l. numbers...
    Anonymous

• First the anon answers are true cowards okay cowards but the answer that is most disturbing is from anon 12:49 stating the BM has no right to the home study...I think the Natural parents have every right to view the home study if they so desire.....every right!!! The PAP's in my gs case had both had previous marriages but the PAF had no joint custody with his bio MINOR kids and they lived very far from him...his contact was emails and phone calls with summer visits??? So, he already dropped the ball IMO and the judges, in parenting. However the profile does not disclose this information....WOW!!! That is coercion IMHO

Kidsmamabear

Answer by Kidsmamabear at 1:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008