Need vacation ideas for East Coast during the summer?

What are some places to visit in Pennsylvania, Washington DC, New York or any state/city nearby? I need things for preschoolers and teenagers. It will be our first family vacation as a blended family and trying to make it fun for everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Travel

• How about some hands on children museums? Those are always fun. Train rides? Amusment parks? Beach?
    What kinds of things are you looking for?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I am open to anything. Although children museums we have alot nearby our home town. I heard Pennsylvania has Hershey town or something. Just anything that preschoolers or teenagers may enjoy. Even a website that has ideas. I know tennessee has tons of websites with activities and attractions but this time we are going East instead of South. So trying to find websites or ideas from others who live there or have traveled there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Knoebels is an awesome park in PA. It is free admission and it is set in a wooded valley. Tons of small kiddy rides and a few good roller coasters too. You could bring a lunch and have a picnic on free use picnic tables. They have a pool and water slides, as well as a campground and cabins if you wanted them.

Hersheypark is a good park but I haven't been there in years. More of your standard amusement park, but it is very clean.

I'm sure all the states have a visitors bureau website you could find.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Maine - Lakes everywhere-great family fun.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• How about MA? Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard. Or you could do RI and go to Newport?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If you're going to Virginia - you can't go wrong with the Smithsonian and the monuments in D.C. Also, google Williamsburg, VA. Busch Gardens, historial fun stuff, lots to see.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011