How did you know you were ready for baby number 2?

I was just wondering when the right time was for having baby number two? I wanna have my second one in about two years and my husband doesnt want to have another until our other lil one is about ten. I think that is to late to have another one. I want to have another when in two years so that she will have her older sister to look after her. Is this selfish of me? I always had that older sister or brother to look after me and thats what I want for the 2nd baby. I need some advice plesase help me...

shelle21

Asked by shelle21 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's different for everyone. Sounds like this is something that you and hubby will need to discuss.

I knew when I was ready when I saw the lines on the pee stick. =)
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i just knew my body and heart felt ready. my dd was two at the time we tried for 7 months and nothing. so i thought why not wait until my dd was in school well the next month after deciding to wait i was pregnant lol but the are two years and eleven months apart and they enjoy each other and connected well i think waiting ten years they wont be that close. but what ever is right for you guys.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 4:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Two years is a good difference in age. Mine are 8, 10 and 12. Usually when they are closer in age they get along better. My closest sister and I were 9 years apart. We didn't really get close until I was in my 20"s. So I would suggest close in age. It is a little rough in the beginning, but it is worth it in the end. Good luck!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I presented a list of pros and cons to my husband. He is very logical, so when I suggested 3 years between 1-2 I had a very long list of pros and very few cons. Try this with the 2 year age gap and the 10 year age gap. Bet the list of pros for 2 years is a lot longer :)

Good luck
    Julie
    TexBrit2012

Answer by TexBrit2012 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I just had a baby 5 weeks ago and my son is 3 1/2. For me I knew I didn't want to wait too long, but I didn't want them too close together either. I don't think I would have wanted them to be more than 4 years apart, but that's just me. It's really something that you and your husband will have to figure out on your own.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 4:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My husband and I just kind of KNEW it was time to try for our second. My son is 3 years, 5 months older than his sister and it's the PERFECT age difference for my two kids.

IF you have your kids 10 years apart it will be to your body like you've only ever had one kid, if that makes sense.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2011