Husbands?

Is it normal to have fights over stupid stuff? Because lately that has been happening a lot between me and my husband. I just wanna know if its normal.

shelle21

Asked by shelle21 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Usually fights over dumb stuff is a clue that there are underlying stressors, like finances or not enough sex or something like that. The advise to pick your battles wisely is excellent! The other thing that can help is to find time to just be together - schedule it in if you have to!! Taking walks, really listening to what he has to say, being quiet when he is grumbling about his boss or coworkers. Doing special, little things for each other, that are totally unexpected. These little things take practice, but send a big message - I love you and I care. Many years ago, my husband and I made a pact to never go to bed without saying good night and I love you. After 30 + years of marriage, we still do and we still are in love. There have been bumps in the road, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank the Good Lord for bringing him into my life. I try to tell my husband that too - he needs to know.
    mrslabel

Answer by mrslabel at 4:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes. Just need to learn to pick your battles and when to walk away before a fight starts.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It is for human beings. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 4:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes it's normal! We use to do that a lot but have kinda learned to pick and choose our battles. We look back at most of the dumb fights and laugh about it.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• yes, it is normal! My husband and I do it a pretty good bit.. Its over the stupidest things and usually are over before we know it! :) Why? I dont know, but it happens.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yup...absolutly normal....it's usually the stupid things that take up the most of our energy in THIS house LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Maybe normal but when they get to be an everyday occurrence its a deal breaker for me. I want to enjoy being home and when that kind of stuff goes on everyday it hard to enjoy home life. My ex and I did that..

meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I can and only will speak in regards to my husband and myself.

Whenever we have fought over petty/stupid little things, especially if those fights were happening more often. We were never really fighting over the petty thing. That was our excuse, that's the incident/subject that we both used to release and go after one another. The reality was, we really had some deep serious underlying problems/issues in our marriage that neither one of us were really addressing much less trying to rectify. We both had lots of pent up resentments, hurt feelings, ill feelings (and many other feelings..lol) and the way we (which was completely counter productive and caused more problems in the long run) chose to deal with the big issues were weren't talking about was to lash out at one another and fight over petty/stupid shit. We released feelings, got to yell/scream, etc. However, that never addressed the real problems we had/or were feeling.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011