Do you pay attention when scanning grocries?

I always watch as the clerk is scanning my grocries to make sure I get the price it's listed for! I just came from the store & the clerk made 4 error's & got mad when I pointed them out to her!

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Shopping

• Yes, I watch what the clerk is doing. I try to put my groceries on the belt before (s)he starts charging me. they may get a bit ticked off when I question a price but I'm not there to get ripped off 20 cents here and $1 there adds up.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I try to, but sometimes it's hard when I'm also trying to still remove struff from my cart, search thru my purse for my wallet, AND keep my child from ripping candy off the impulse-buy racks...
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I worked as a cashier at a grocery store and things aren't always marked properly. I listened for a beep after each item processed to avoid duplicate entries. I never minded if someone pointed out an error cause it was always easy to fix. Always watch the prices and make sure all coupons are taken off. However, ladies watch expiration or special details for discount. People normally got upset when I explained how things worked.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 4:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I usually am bagging while they are scanning. I don't check it too often. If it scans wrong, unless it's produce, it's not the cashier's fault if the price rings wrong.
    Anonymous

• I watch. Why would she get mad, it has nothing to do with her. Did you get your money refunded? I've read where stores do that intentionally because only a couple of people will notice and if its just a couple of cents on each item even fewer will take the time or go thru the hassle of getting reimbursed. The stores make so much money doing that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I try to, but I get groceries for two weeks. So while they are scanning I am putting them up there.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Not really.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 4:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I watch most of the time.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011