Are you afraid of giving birth again?

Im terrified!

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 4:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nope
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Honestly I was scared as the time got closer and closer to having my second child. I completely understand.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Sweets I am going to have my 4th any day now and yes I'm STILL terrified.  The pain I think is what scares me the most.  I don't have any "techniques" for pain management I just bull doze through until I'm too far into labor for pain meds, lol.  Not the best way but hey whatever works.  Know that you CAN and WILL do great. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'm a little nervous about it, but I'll probably get worst later on in the pregnancy. I'm only 5 mos. now, but I can see it getting scarier. I'm more scared to leave my 1st child while I'm in the hospital :) But he's staying with my awesome in laws, so I won't worry too much. But I will miss him.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Nope not at all..
    Giving birth was pretty awesome! Was it pain free, no.. But i loved it..

I always say its like climbing a HUGE mountain. Its not easy. its going to be rough. there is going to be pain but when ur 1/2 way up the mountain you can just stop or give up. You must finish! and when that last step/push comes you get a GREAT reward for all your work, and a feeling of huge success!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Well I loved giving birth the first time so I didn't really fear it the second. I did fear it a little the first time though. Really it depends a lot on how your first birth went I think and whether it was what you wanted to happen or not.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes I'm more afraid then with my first! I'm only 7 wks and that's all I can think about.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Nope I have an awesome OB/Gyn that I trust 150%. Not that it matters because there's a very slim chance I could even get pregnant again, but if I did no worries.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I am not scared of the delivery as much as I am scared that the baby won't be head down or the baby will be to large to give birth naturally. I am on baby #3 and with my first he was suction assisted due to being to large and he was 7 pds 11 oz. Not a large baby. My second was 7 pds 3 oz and come just fine. This baby can't seem to get head down and I am terrified, I don't want a c/s.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2011