Has anyone used HCG drops for losing weight?Are they as wonderful as they make it sound?

daisydays988

Asked by daisydays988 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Anyone will lose weight eating 500-700 calories a day. The drops are not a necessary part of the equation. But either way, your body will quickly go into starvation mode.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I tried them but i didn't stick with it long enough. I didn't like them because they tasted bad to me and they burnt while holding them under your tounge. Plus it was inconvienent to not eat or drink 15 minutes before and after you take them.
    On the other hand, the lady that got me to try them, swears by them and has lost 50+ pounds after just two rounds of the hcg drops. She is very disciplined and sticks to eating the protein and following the plan exactly. I am sure that is why it works for her. She also said she does not feel hungry only eating 500 calories, I say give it a shot if you have the discipline to follow it.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Be very careful if you do this- do some research on side effects and whatnot, and if you do decide to try them, get them from a doctor so you know what is in them and they can moniter you. Eating 500 calories a day is way below what anyone should be doing.

A friend of mine was super determined to lose about 15 lbs, and was SO excited to start this- about a week or two in- she quit. She was feeling sick and I guess it was bad enough that she decided they were not a good idea for her
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• They are very dangerous- any diet that limits your calories so drastically sends your body into starvation mode, which means it hold onto fat and burns lean tissue. It DOES NOT "reset" your metabolism, except to SLOW it down. There are SO many other, HEALTHIER ways to go about this. Ideally, something you can stick with fortherest of your life, if you don't want to gain all of the weight back.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011