Does DH/SO love his job? or does it just pay the bills?

Hubby is a Behavioral Specialist (caregiver) at an adult daycare for the mentally handicapped....he has a love/hate relationship with his job...he loves that he's helping them try and become productive members of society but he hates being under-payed and over-worked....he's also a Security Guard at Greyhound at night...he actually LOVES this job lol...I think that's weird but whatever makes him happy....lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hubby likes his job but works way to many hours and doesnt get paid hardly at all...puts his life on the line and it barely pays are bills!
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 4:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Just ask him. I did the same work for years and as frustrating as it is to be underpaid and over worked to me it was worth it. There is no other job that is as rewarding and you get paid, maybe not much money but in the heart. Maybe remind him that you will love him no matter where he works or what he does.
    HMcKee

Answer by HMcKee at 4:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My husband is a commercial/industrial heating and air conditioning technician and I think he loves his job. It's hard work and physical, but it's challenging, he's not stuck at a desk all day...which for him would be torture, and he feels like he's good at it and accomplishing something as well. The pay is good, he has great benefits. I think he's pretty happy.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My husband is a scientist, he tests pharmaceutical products. He loves what he does, but hates where he works right now. Trying to get transferred to a different department.

Answer by missanc at 4:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes my SO loves his job and is very good at it.Its pretty much his life that and wanting to get his pilots license.He has only a couple hours of flying with an instructer in.
    daisydays988

Answer by daisydays988 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• He works to pay the bills.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• DH is an attorney for a state agency. Sometimes it gets busy/stressful, but he is able to keep regular hours 90% of the time. Right now he likes his job and he works with great people. That hasn't always been the case so he appreciates his current situation.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011