have a spider bite what to do?

2 days ago i felt some pain on my left shoulder. it felt like a small bruise. but now its swelled up and it is as wide as a silver dollar. i have no fever just a achy arm it hurts lift my arm above my head. my husband drained it a lil yesterday but i told him to stop cuz it hurt too much when he squeezed it.
what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Health

• sydsmom2 I am sorry to say that you are wrong when you said (If he "drained" it..that isn't a spider bite.). I know this because I have been bitten by a brown recluse / fiddle back spider. Not only did I get pus stuff out of it myself, but I also had to go to the DR to have it lanced open so that all the pus that was in there could be "drained" out. (just FYI the pus was actually my fatty tissue that was affected by the spiders venom.  Yeww gross) Please go have it looked at...better to safe than sorry.

Anonymous

• I work in the medical field and it sounds like an "abcess" . YOU MUST GO TO A DR. or better yet an immediate care. We saw ALOT of patients who would come in c/o a "spider bite" , but it wasn't it was an abcess which requires antibotics and wound care. If he "drained" it..that isn't a spider bite.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• not a lot came out he said a lil yellow did. after a lil blood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Go to the DR or ER absolutely! It could have been a black recluse, or just any spider, they will usually put you on an antibiotic just in case. NOTE: You could loose that arm if you don't, that's always a possibility.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It's quite possible that it's staph. Get to a doctor as soon as possible, and have them culture it.
    Anonymous