Adoption.

Who here has adopted children? I really want 2 more girls but I don't want to have anymore children. I was thinking between the ages of 2 and 4. What is life like with adopted children? Do you have biological children as well? What is the best way to go through adoption. I have seen many agencies that are EXTREMELY expensive.

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 4:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Adoption

• Most agencies deal with newborn adoptions. Yes, its expensive because acquiring a newborn is big money to an agency because they are in demand. If you are looking for a child in the age range you desire, foster care is a better option & much less expensive....even to the point of being free in some instances.
    Anonymous

• I have not adopted a child, but I have 4 siblings that joined our family through adoption. They were all under 5 when they were adopted and all were adopted through foster care. Speaking as a big sister, life is just like with any biological child. It isn't weird, and they aren't any less my brothers and sisters then my biological brother.
    Anonymous

• Adoption
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I agree with the first poster. I have 2 kids, preg with the 3rd and planning on adopting from foster home when the time is right. Those kids neeeeed a positive influence and a loving family. Everyone wants a newborn. And my husband is from the biggest blended family I have ever heard of lol they all get along wonderful for the most part btu more importantly all of them consider one another family
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• DH and I adopted twins last year. PLEASE check out my group here on CM, M.A.M.A. (Making Adoption More Affordable) for advice, tips and support. Please PM me as well.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 11:51 AM on May. 1, 2011