How do you make time for your husband or SO

My husband works all day. I stay home with our daughter. There are times he feels like I am not making timer for him. If we try to cuddle and kiss our daughter comes right in the middle of us..............

TeresaM35

Asked by TeresaM35 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Put your daughter to bed? Get a babysitter?
    Anonymous

• When my son was little/growing up (he's and adult who no longer lives at home now).I had to make time. Somethings had to give, something became a choice, For example.After dinner, there are dishes in the kitchen that need to be washed.Do I wash the dishes, or sit and cuddle for awhile with my husband..or better yet, get my husband to help me so the kitchen gets cleaned faster and we have more time for each other... I would either put off doing dishes (do them later or the next morning ) and spend time with my husband.. Same with other aspects of daily life, I chose spending time with my husband and did them later.We also set up a firm rule in our family. Once bedtime hit for the kiddo.. My husband and I had "our" time. That time was all about "us".No bill talk, no work, no dailies.etc.. It was solely about us, focused on us, the two of us being together and enjoying each others company. Not as mom/dad but as man and woman.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• We have a similar problem...DH works 2 jobs...one at night and one in the day...when he gets home from work he wants me to lay down with him until he goes to sleep (to him this is me spending time with him lol) but it's like I can't lay there long because I have to wake up DD from her nap not too long after he gets home.....it's hard...we spend alot of time on the phone together....we get our time mostly on the weekends....I'm SAHM too...I know it can be tough
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I always make time for my dh, regardless to the fact of me working, taking care of the kids, etc., because I know that I cannot allow my children to be the sole center of my life because one day they will grow up and be less dependent on me and then what will I have? My dh deserves my time too and I deserve to feel his arms wrapped around me, giving me his attention too.... When dh and I cuddled and one of the kids tried to squeezed in the middle, we had to explain that Mommie and Daddy needed time too...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• mom2mybabes brings up a good point, which my husband and I were both also very proactive about..

From the time my child was born through his entire time growing up.My husband and I made it clear that "We" needed "our" time.That there were times/things that were just for us. Not that we were excluding him for this reason or that. But through the years letting him no that mom and dad need "their" time, and that "their" time is very important to them, and to the family as a whole.We would explain about "our" time, we would explain why mom/dad want to sit next to one another with no one in between us, we would not make him feel unwanted or unwelcome. We would just instill in him the reality that he is not the end all be all, center of the world at all times. Just a reality of life, and the reality of living in a family. One member of that family m can't be the center of it at all times without something/someone else suffering,
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011