A ? for christians? does Satan try to keep people us feeling guilty

and that way we forget who we are christ. no matter how much we SIN?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's Gods greatness that make people feel guilty when they can't live up to his standard. If anything than it's Satan who makes you not care.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:34 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• like any bully, if you are browbeat enough, you will begin to think you deserve it. so in a word, kinda! however, your faith must be stronger, to withstand the 'guilt' or whatever you allow to bring you down. as a xtian, if you have God on your side, you have God on your side..and no devil, real or imagined or online, can change that. or win.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I believe that the Holy Spirit is the one telling us, okay your wrong and your sinning and your not doing this right, so I definitely think satan will try to keep us from hearing the Holy Spirit in any way he can.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• The Devil gets a thrill everytime he finds a way to move us away from Christ. He'll use anything to get his way. Just tell him, "GOOD TRY" and move on cause God loves you!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 4:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I honestly don't believe Satan actually, literally, exists... So no. Though I do believe that people can use "Satan" metaphorically to illustrate negative influences on one's life, and those negative influences can make you feel guilty...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I encourage you to read the book (for free), Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices. Yes, Satan can convince us to not feel guilty, but he can also convince we are guilty when we've already been forgiven. It depends on will cause you to doubt God.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 5:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Oh here's the link

-Eilish-

• Why did bandgeek get a down vote? Her answer was not disrespectful, it was her point of view. All the different points of view are WHY there are so many denominations in Christianity. Sheesh
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Haha, don't worry about it pnwmom. I'm used to it, when I say something that falls outside "traditional" Christian thought. Doesn't bother me! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• That's a tricky one. I think Satan can keep us from geeling guilty at times when guilt would lead us to repentance. But I also think guilt is one of Satan's greatest tools used to keep people from experiencing joy in Christ.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011