My BFF.....

I was visiting my friend whos daughter is a tween. The ds came home from school just "so irritated with so-n-so, she is so wierd and just ugh I HATE HER" My friend ask her why? "she is just always so ugly, her clothes are nasty and she smells AND she always tries to sit with ME"

My friend (of 20+ years) caught my eye (which were glistening). I nodded and my friend says "do you like Miss XXX?" "well yes she is great" "well honey when I met her in school she was just like little miss so-n-so...and I sure didn't want to be her friend, but I learned her momma didn't have alot of money to afford the nice stuff for her and sometimes her momma wasn't home to remind her to take a bath or to help her get up and ready for school....but I saw her HEART which was clean and pure and beautiful. I let her sit with me, even though at first I lost a few friends; I let her stay nights with us, I let her borrow my clothes; I became her FRIEND" I had to join in and tell her how her own momma helped me find self-esteem to hold my head high; she helped me with my school work if it weren't for your momma being such a friend I probably never would have made it.
Our little sweetie asked if miss so-n-so could possibly come over after school tomorrow.
Ahh the power of one person!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• That is awesome!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You brought tears to my eyes! Kudos to you and your friend....I try to teach my kids that exact same thing and I wish more people would do the same. Goddess Bless You honey and your friend!
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• WOW that made me cry! What a great lesson and one we would all do well to remember!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• How awesome, kids need to realize that not all kids come from stable families. I work with kids and I see this behavior everyday, it breaks my heart because it is not the childs fault.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• That's wonderful!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Thats amazing =-)
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Tears brought to my eyes as well.......
    1hubby2kids

Answer by 1hubby2kids at 6:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2011