Could it be implantation bleeding?

I started what I thought was my period 2 days before it was expected. I used a tampon like usual, expecting the flow to pick up, and it never did. The following day it had decreased to just spotting on and off throughout the day, it mainly being brownish in color. We are TTC and I think it's odd to have such a light, short period, especially not accompanied with any types of cramps. From what I read, implantation bleeding is only a spot or two, but it just doesn't seem right.

Has anyone ever had this happen before, should I try to take a pregnancy test? With us TTC I don't want to get my hopes up, thinking it is implantation bleeding because that's what I want it to be, but all the same, it just isn't a normal "period" for me.

Any thoughts?

MamaChanny

Asked by MamaChanny at 11:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• well both times before i found out i had those periods then i took a home test and it was positive, i'd take one anyway to be sure.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 11:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Take a test. the worst that can happen is it comes back negative.

good luck!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 2:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008