For those that have dd's in ballet

my dd is 6 she is going to be going to her recital in June. This is the first year for her so I am lost as to what to do. We have to have her makeup done and her hair done before she goes. How do you do their makeup? We also have to have her hair done before as well and I am lost as to how to do her hair and makeup.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• The recitals I know of usualy have all the girls looking the same, so maybe the instructor would be best to ask? Other wise, usualy hair in a bun, maybe some blush and lip gloss, but Im not too sure. Some put lots on as they are on stage, and stage make up is more.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• This year will be my daughters 4th recital and usually make up is done very dramatic (stage makeup) with eyeliner and lipstick and blush. Makes the kids stand out more tot he crowd but each parent is different and some don't put any makeup on the kids at all. I say have fun with it! My daughter loved the dramatic look and it is the only time I have let her wear it like so.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 4:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• has the studio done picture day yet? each class generally has hair/make up instruction sheets...... I'd check the studio or website. I think maybe you missed an info sheet!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• they did tell us that the hair had to be done, but didn't say how. All I know is that in class they have to have it out of their face. They also told us the girls have to have their makeup done, but again didn't tell us how
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• oh, this May will be my DDs 3rd recital. The hair for her class is pigtails that are then curling ironed tightly and then blush, lipstick and eyeshadow in specific colors. I'll have to do this 5 times (photo day, dress rehearsal, and then 3 nights of recital) and I'll pay someone to help for 2 of the 5 times. fantastic sams is the cheapest i've found. also ask the moms and studio owner for suggestions of good local people or salons
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• as the studio done picture day yet? each class generally has hair/make up instruction sheets...... I'd check the studio or website. I think maybe you missed an info sheet!

they don't have a website. I might have missed one my dd missed 3 classes 1 for being sick, 1 for a doctors app. and 1 for a family event. So who knows. No she is starting the rehersals may 1st and she has not gotten class pictures done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011