Clingy toddler

Does your toddler want to be carried everywhere? My son is 2 and a half and still wants me to carry him from room to room. Sometimes I won't and he screams and cries. I feel bad but know he should be doing it on his own too.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just let him cry it out for awhile until he figures out he won't always get his way
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Mine 2 yr old is the extact same and I'm 7 wks prego and was bleeding so I'm not suppose to carry him around (I do cause I feel bad). Yes though from room to room and if I try to put him down he wraps his legs around me. I love him to death but it's so annoying! I totally feel you. No advice just know the feeling!
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My two year old has started this recently too. I have back problems and can't carry him all the time. When he wants to be picked up and I simply can't do it I kneel down, look him in the eye and tell him "Mommy can not pick you up right now. Her back hurts. You can either take my hand and walk into the room with me or you can go and play." He used to kick off but once he started to scream I walked off to continue whatever I was doing and ignored it. Eventually he realized no one was listening and walked into the room on his own to see what I was doing or he'd go and play. Now he will walk behind me after I tell him my back hurts and kiss it better and try to help me up. lol. It's hard to hear them cry when you know what they want, but continuing to give in will only hold him back. Just keep telling yourself he's not hurt and he needs to do it on his own. Good Luck mama. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 7:51 PM on Apr. 18, 2011