How long should it take to lose 110 lbs?

I am 275 and would love to lose 110lbs. But I want a reasonable expectation for how long it will take to lose. I will be going the natural diet and exercise route. No fad diets for me! Please be kind, I am already feeling enough hatred for myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Good luck! I'm trying to lose about that myself (started at 269). I've lost about 58 lbs over the last year. I'd like to go for another 50 and reassess at that point. I may try to get to 135, which would mean 134 lbs lost. We'll see how I look at 160! I'm trying not to put a timeline on it, per se, but I do have mini-goals. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:16 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• To do it a healthy way probably a little over a year. I lost about 80 pounds in about a year
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I say a good year if you're doing in on your own. Good for you and wanting to get healthy! GOOD LUCK!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You can safely lose about 2 lbs a week. So, me not being good with math, I'm sure someone can figure out how long that is. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• DO weight watchers, it will take awhile, i have alot to lose too, if you want an online buddy let me know. I can even email you some of the info on weight watchers if you want. I have had some health issues that caused me to gain alot. but it can take up to a year, i bet at first you will lose alot.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If you lose the recommended 2 pounds a week, it would take you just over 1 year. I would think more realistically it would take about 18 months b/c some weeks you don't lose that much. I have previously lost 60 pounds in 9 months.
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 5:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• You can lose about 3-4 lbs the first 1-2 weeks, then 1-2 lbs a week after that. Any more than that is not safe & will not likely stay "lost". I wish you all the best! Keep us posted on your progress- maybe you can inspire some of us who need that little shove in the right direction! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have 90-100lbs to loose. Rather than focusing on trying to loose 90lbs, I am focusing on loosing 2-3 lbs a week. So I'm figuring under a year. You could easily do the same.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• These are all good advice... Remember your not alone... I myself loose weight really slow for some reason ( it took me 3 years to lose 60 pounds before getting pregnant) I'm sure, You'll do it faster. Remember, any weight lost is better than none, and muscles weight more than fat. Just hang in there and good luck.
    Spunkeynoodle

Answer by Spunkeynoodle at 2:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I would say a little more than a year. Set smaller goals first and set yourself up for success. When we set such large goals they seem so far away....Make short term AND long term goals for yourself. I also recommend joining weight watchers. I do it online, for me it is cheaper and more conveinent. My first goal is to lost 5%, then I will set one at 10% and then so on... GL!!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 19, 2011