How do the single moms do it on thier own?

mommykisses132

Asked by mommykisses132 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• it's hard as hell... sometimes you have to swallow your pride and ask for help....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Idk but they deserve alot of praise that's all I can say.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have no idea I think they jsut do it. I am a new single mom with a 2yr old and now jsut found out im 7 wks prego and alone. So I guess I will find out, very tough.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• when i was a single mom i really enjoyed it, i had my apt and had a good job. i only had one child so it wasn't too bad. BUT i worked nights and didn't get home until 2 or so and my son was an early bird at 530 or so, that was the hardest. i arranged for his to take him two days a week at 10am so i could sleep til work. that was the hardest part.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i ask because im expecting andd the babiiz dad is a dead beat.in the beggining it was good butt he just seems too want too b apart of the world instead of there for me or our son who is on his way.
    mommykisses132

Comment by mommykisses132 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• you see i see it as if he dont want too stick around i dont want too put him on child support if he dont want too b there i kno it will be hard butt i will find a way too do it on my own im just very scared!
    mommykisses132

Comment by mommykisses132 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I'm sorry you are faced with this situation. I was a single mom of a 5 yo and a 2 mo. It was a struggle, many tearful nights and fretful days. You just put one foot in front of the other day by day. I didn't look for a man to fill shoes or fulfill our lives I let my children know they were loved. You can do it.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 5:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• but honey - that child deserves the child support regardless! He can always opt to NOT pick the baby up on his visitation but he still is obligated to pay!
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 5:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It's a lot of hard work & will make you stronger that's for sure. But dont be afraid to ask for help. We all need a support system! Best of luck!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It's something I do because it's my job, same as any mom. I didn't get a choice in the hand life dealt, so I've just learned to deal with it by pulling up my big girl panties and getting on with life. It's not always easy but for the most part I enjoy being the boss of the house and doing what 'I' want and how. Some parts of it really suck - like when my oldest started tball and he was the only child there without a dad. But some parts of it are awesome :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011