Help me. . . please :)

my daughter is 7 months old and she cant sit up on her own, she doesnt attempt to crawl, or even lift her self off the ground. & all my friends babies are doing these things and have been doing these things for a while (they are all within 1 month of my daughter) how do i not feel so upset and compare my daughter to thier babies :( please help and any advice on how to get my daughter to do any of these things let me know.

92210love

Asked by 92210love at 5:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you consulted your doctor? Most will ask about milestones at appointments & can help you if your child doesnt seem to be doing what is expected at certain stages.
    Anonymous

• Have you talked to her Dr. about your concerns? My youngest is 9 y/o so I'm a little rusty on the approx. ages of certain milestones. But if you are concerned about developmental delays, talk to her Dr. first & go from there. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• All babies do things when THEY are ready too. It'a hard not to compare, but think of this some kids walk at 10 months and others are 16 months nothing wrong with the kid though. If you are really concerned ask the Dr. on your next visit, they are good at reassuring :) GL
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:10 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Talk to her doctor about your concerns. All kids develop differently. Whos to say sshe won't just all the sudden zing right past them.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 5:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I agree with the first 2 posters- talk to the doc. And just give it time. Read to her, talk to her, tell her what colors and things y'all see. Youi're doing great!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 5:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Try as hard as you can not to compare her to others . . . alot of kids have their own order of milestones. My good friend's daughter was later than most on the physical milestones, but she was a genious at languages. She, at 5, is just as active now, if not more, than any other kids her age . . . .
    Talk to her ped about it, also, at the next well-baby. He/she will tell you if there is anything to be concerned about . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• She is completely normal. I know it's hard to see others doing those things but she will do other things before some babies too. And keep in mind she will develop at her own rate whether you worry or not. Enjoy her and remember these concerns when you have to put on your running shoes to keep up with her! Relax and enjoy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:12 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• you could call in early intervention to have her evaluated to see if she would qualify for services if you are concerned enough. Every child develops at different times. She may catch up on her own. My youngest son is going to be one on Firday and still is not pulling himself up to stand or has not began to crawl yet. He does scoot backwards to get to what he wants though. I know it is hard not to compare your child with other children, but try not to do it...it will just drive you crazy.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My son is a week shy of 7 months and he doesn't sit completely on his own either. He also doesn't crawl. Don't worry! My son's doc said to continue with tummy time and to sit him propped up on couch (supervised of course) to help strengthen his back muscles. Also, let him sit in his activity center or jumparoo.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• OH Mama give her a chance to grow at her own rate what is the rush? someday you'll miss this chill out sit back and enjoy
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 6:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011