kind of a personal question.

i was wondering b/c i read it on another forum, if masturbation really brings on preterm labor? i've been doing it since week 13 and i am 26 weeks now...
i don't understand, does anyone have an facts on this?
don't judge me, my man is deployed to iraq and my hormones are through the roof.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd say no. My SO is also gone and a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! If it makes you nervous just ask for some reassurance from your doc next visit. The only way it could do any harm is if you are told pelvic or bedrest. Other than that good to go Mama ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No..that is bs..That's no different than saying that "sex" brings it on..masturbation is sex without a "real" penis..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No more than sex would. The mild uterine contractions from orgasm do sometimes prompt pre-term labor, but it's pretty rare. It's considered safe to have sex (or masturbate) right up until the end for most women.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think that goes along with the whole "sex brings on labor" thing. Unless you are at 39 and a half weeks, sex and self pleasure are perfectly fine. I read that the baby actually enjoys it when you get off, since it makes a wave effect in the womb and rocks them to sleep!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• doctors say that there are no real ways to bring on labor but sex/masturbation is a possibility, just like driving down a bumpy road or eating spicy foods.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 11:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Ive heard it but never had anyone ever say it really happened to them.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• thanks ladies! i was concerned b/c i've been masturbating half this pregnancy...
    Anonymous