Should it be stickied?

Should the section of the ToS that applies directly to the debate sections be permanently shown at the top of the list for each category?

"Controversial topics and debate are great, but they should be done constructively. Be prepared for others to agree AND disagree with you and your ideas.

When you post something, especially about a controversial topic, expect that your viewpoints and opinions may be vigorously questioned, challenged, and held up to scrutiny. If having your opinions challenged and being expected to defend your position will make you uncomfortable, please don't post about that topic."

It seems like an endless cycle - new people go into the debate sections, freak out when someone replies to what they've written, then run off to here or the chatterboxes to have a meltdown about someone "engaging" them in conversation or taking things "too seriously".

I do think a small part of the problem is the P&CE section appears in the Debate category, but since it doesn't specifically say "debate" in the name, some people not as familiar with the structure of Answers don't realize they're in a Debate section.  That doesn't explain the ones who participate in Religion Debate or Parenting Debate, though.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think it does need to be posted in all the debate forums.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I don't think I'd want it at the top if cafemom were "my" page, but I can see the benefits of hopefully having people read and r-read this.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 5:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Very well put mama....and the exact reason why I stay out of Debate lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes, I do think it should.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• A warning label - sure ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• concerning yourself with chatterboxes these days OP
    paranoid behavior
    Anonymous

• Yeah anon - isn't it terrible? I actually read something that was posted publicly on someone's page after they sent a group application. Wow, what a horribly paranoid person I am! I actually look at the profile of someone who applies to my group! Shame on me!
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Not just the debate sections. Maybe there should be a huge warning in bold when you make an account with CM. Something along the lines of "While participating in the various sections of CM, your opinions and thoughts can and will be challenged. If you can't accept that, then CM is not the place for you."

Neither is the internet.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 7:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011