Contractions?

I am 30 weeks and I have been having contractions frequently that I am assuming are braxton hicks. Sometimes they just feel like my belly is blowing up like a balloon and stretching and just more uncomfortable than painful. But the last few times they have hurt really bad. I usually get the painful ones when I go for a walk, I just breath/walk through them. They arent on a scheduled pattern or anything, thats why im not worried about them, but they do come on and off all througout the day.
Should I be worried, does it sound more like Braxton Hicks, or actual contractions? Because I am more than likely going to go early, but I dont want him to come this early.
I know I should call the doctor and all of that, but I have an appointment in a like 2 weeks, so I figure I can just wait it out and talk to you fellow mommas about it.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 5:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• maybe go take a bath and see if that helps it not call doctor or go to er.
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 6:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• If you can time your contractions then you need to worry. I am on bed rest right now and my orders are to go in to OB if I have contractions every 15 min. I am 34 wks 3 days. I went to ob on Friday because all of a sudden I started contracting every 4 min with pressure.
    The key to contractions vs. BH is the timing. BH come off and on and not on a consistant schedule. If at anytime you are concerned you can always call OB.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 18, 2011