pottie tranning

k so i am woundering when do you start pottie tranning.i have heard as early as 13 months and as late as 18 months. my lil girl is verry smart and is 10 months but she is at a 14 month development. when did you all start?

Remmismommy

Asked by Remmismommy at 11:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• really it's up to the child, every child is different, if she's showing signs that she may be ready or interested then introduce her to it. i.e. pulling off diaper, pulling on diaper when wet, or just telling you that she needs to go.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 11:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'm not there yet but I heard its when they communicate the need for a diaper change. If they go off to hide when they poop in their diaper.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• The earlier the better...my son is now 2 and I wish I would have enforced this sooner being that it's sort of a battle for him to go for #2 now that he speaks and is developing his own personality, desires, etc...one is able to adapt their little ones to anything while at the baby/infant stage...so I really recomend you start right away so that she grows accostume to this and so that you prevent having a hard time in the future, especially since they hate obeying a parent at a toddler stage when it comes to developing new habits...good luck!
    Mymelody253

Answer by Mymelody253 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It is not too early for your daughter. I started at 4 months old. I practice infant potty training also known as elimination communication. Babies are born with a very strong awareness of their eliminations. By putting them in diapers in a way we have taught them to ignore it. I would like to tell you more but I wont if you are not interested. If you are interested, feel free to message me about it or check out the links I'm giving you. There are also groups here on CafeMom that are dedicated to this. Good luck!

www.PottyWhisperer.com
    www.timl.com/ipt/
    karlyflower

Answer by karlyflower at 12:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I wanted to start my 15 month old potty training and her doc told me no no no that it is to early. My little girl is also very advanced and he told me that you do not need to start your kid potty training till between 2 and 3. You especially do not need to start and stop. And that is what most parents do when they try to start to early and if you do start them to early you need to keep it up and then it is just a battle. I wish you the best but I would say that you need to talk to her doc.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008