Have you ever been verbal abused by anyone that was nt a SPOUSE

OR parent??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes. An ex boyfriend and a couple people from school. I had a speech problem growing up and it followed me all the way until I was well out of high school, even though I talked completely normally before I even exited the 6th grade.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yep.

Answer by gemgem at 5:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• No..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:43 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• yes, and sadly it was my brother- whom i took in when he was seventeen since my parents couldn't handle him. my older brother advised me against taking in my younger brother (he's had anger issues in his past), but i thought i could help. he ended up being very verbally and psychologically abusive (which i easily recognized since my ex husband was abusive in every way) to the point i sent my parents a ton of research to prove he is- and we ended our lease early so my dd and i could move out (was a single mom during this time). now i see him a couple times a year, even though we're the only two that live in california- while the rest of our family is still in boston. it's sad, but i refused to be disrespected.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I was going to reply with "my dad" until I opened the post and read the rest of the question..

After reading it, my answer is "No."
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yep
    wowguildmomma

Answer by wowguildmomma at 7:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes a former boss until I had had enough, and told her off. Transfered to another department then customers started complaining about her.
    Banae26

Answer by Banae26 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• yea my best friend of 20 years i dumped her that very day :( miss her but never spoke to her since and dont plan to
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 7:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes by a few different people and I also no longer talk to them, and in their mind, I deserved it and caused it all ,I am the bad person, when in fact, I stay to myself, don't bother anyone and usually am pretty quiet but I guess everyone has to blame someone to sleep better at night, I don't let it bother me though the past is the past and I am living for the here and now.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:57 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• No, I would never put up with anyone verbally abusing me, I would strike back in a heart beat.

Answer by older at 10:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2011