Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foodstamps question

I need to make a change to the income, we are now getting unemployment and I want to update it but I have been on hold for over 30 minutes. Do I need to wait or is there an easier way to make updates?


Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I'd go in to your caseworker and present it as opposed to calling.

    Answer by matobe at 5:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • I would go to your local office when they open in the morning

    Answer by augboy11 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • WTF! They just got mad at me saying I can be terminated if I don't update it in 10 days of receiving it! We haven't received unemployment just been approved! I am trying to update it! WTF!!!!!! I finally got someone through that chat thing on their website

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • Once you find out who your worker is, get their email, its better to communicate this way than thru the phone.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • I would go the the website and change it on your online account. Afterwards, they will send you loss of income paper that you have to fill out and send back in right away.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • snail mail

    Answer by meooma at 6:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • u have to go in anyway to fill a paper out and give them a copy of your unemployment award letter

    Answer by Mrs.Norris at 4:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • Voicemails...and lots of em...the ONLY way to go....

    Answer by GothicChk52 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • I have found that the only way is to go to the office in person

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2011