Do have to rush from work to get to your child(rens)'s daycare in time?

Because I chose the center based on reputation rather than convenience, I have to drive a long way in rush hour traffic to get to her so I'm always worried I'm going to be late!

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have the same problem. We did a convenient daycare and they were terrible, so now we are at a good one but it is not located in a convenient place for me.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Its a 25 min drive to pick my son up from his after school program and I will skip out of work 5 mins early. I have found a back road to take to avoid the traffic but when I was going on the main road I was cutting it close. This is all that works for me since its the only center that he can go to in his school district.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yes! And/or to activities afterwards. Her preschool is great and it used to be just a few blocks from where we lived. Now we live about 15 minutes away. Still that isn't bad, it is my work...which is 45 minutes away! Ugg!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:04 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I used to have panic attacks on my way to pick up the kids. On top of my stressful job, I think that was the other component to why I ended up with hight blood pressure. That's why I started a home business and quit my job...blood pressure problem eventually gone! I still would choose quality over convenience.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 8:01 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Kind of. My daycare is close to home, and I get there with about 25 minutes to spare if I go straight there. Snow days make it iffy.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Do they charge a late fee? Our current dc is only 5 min from my work and I pick him up more than an hour before they close.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011