Im 33 weeks preg. and is having painful pressure whats this mean?

ashley339

Asked by ashley339 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For me, as my NP said, it meant the baby was pressing down on my cervix and just basically getting ready. It might not mean exactly the same for everyone. It went on for weeks with me. More often than not it brought tears to my eyes and I was sure I was about to go into labor but no, she was late.

You should probalby contact your doctor to let them know and just be sure everything is okay.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Welcome to late pregnancy. Just means your baby is getting heavier. Could be pressing on some internal organs. Ligaments start loosening up in anticipation of labor. Don't worry, all normal.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Can you describe the pain? Where is it? Most like normal changes in pregnancy. Everything is stretching and loosening and shifting and it can be really uncomfortable. I get pains in my pubic bone and tailbone that make me feel like my pelvis is cracked! Then there are the Braxton Hix ("practice" contractions) that can hurt sometimes. Then stretching ligaments, lower back pain, occasional muscle cramps.... In the words of some Navy Seal on a workout video: "THE PAIN THE PAIN THE BEAUTIFUL PAIN!"
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I had the same thing. The baby is bigger and is moving all the time inside of you, that right there causes pain
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 6:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• As long as it is just pressure you are probably ok, if it is accumpanied with contractions, then you may want to call OB.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2011