Sex

Before I found out I was pregnant my fiance and I had sex pretty much daily. Now its like he never wants to. I have the drive to all day every day, but he never seems to have that drive anymore. He works 2nd shift 5/6 days a week but he has worked the same hours since last May. He was always the one that wanted to have sex b4 I got pregnant, and now its like he doesnt wanna touch me. I dont wanna think that hes cheating, but thats of course the first thing that pops into my head. What should I do ladies?

LilMama0620

Asked by LilMama0620 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask him is he not into it as much cause you are pregnant?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• he's probably not cheating..some men get creeped out when their woman is preggo..they think they will hurt the baby, or touch it with their superlong penis. give him some time, honey.
    talk to him, show him that its not harmful..or until then, take care of yourself!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I hate to say this...but it could be because your pregnant, some guys get wierd about that. they think there gonna hurt the baby or other random silly things. I would have a heart to heart with him and find out whats bugging him. I wouldnt go accusing him of cheating just yet. GL.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• When you ask him about the change in his sex drive, how does he respond?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:32 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• PIxie trix, he just acts like nothing has changed and says stuff like, well we do have sex, or its just cause Im a nympho or something. He doesnt act one bit like hes missin it
    LilMama0620

Comment by LilMama0620 (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Thanks for answering :-)

Many men, especially younger men, do develop issues when their partner is pregnant that causes them to not want to have sex like they used to.. In many cases, they really do not even realize what's happening, because it's not really a concious this.. Things like: will I hurt her, will I hurt the baby, (one we've even seen women ask her on cm) will he "hit" the baby (yeah it's been asked), will the baby see it/feel it (yes that one has been asked by some women as well), can I go as deep as I used to, can we do it as hard as we used to, what positions..etc..etc.. It's a pretty heady thing for some men. It really is.. So, they do lose their sex drive in a way without even really knowing it.. When you have something weighing on your mind/stresses/uncertainities it can and usually does affect your sex drive.

Cont. below
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Also, some men really do not know how to respond or react when they hear that there partner isn't sexually satisified. It's a blow to their ego, a blow to their manliness, and they really do not know how to respond. So, non response (or angry and lashing out) is the way in which some react to this sort of thing.

Since I do not know him. I can't really tell you which of these things (if any at all) are what's going on. However. I am willing to say, that the one of these things would be where I would lay a bet on, far sooner than cheating.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• try just giving him no other option... you know, just pull it out and start sucking, touch him til he cant take it anymore, or just try sleeping naked and push into him(make it hard to not have sex with you)... men hate talking, right?... so dont say anything, just use your sexy body language,( try not to look upset about it)... make him miss what you two used to have... but keep your chin up no matter what.
    jayme009

Answer by jayme009 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011