For those whose kids go to bed at 7pm...

What do you do when your family is invited to an event that starts at 7pm? Do you keep your child up and take them along, or leave your husband home with the kids and you go alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• IDK. My child has never gone to bed at 7pm.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Then why answer! Ughhh
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It depends when the event ends. My daughter goes to bed early too and if you have them stay up every once in awhile it dosent change there sleep pattern. So your kids should be fine.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 6:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I usually just take them with me. Staying up every once in a while doesn't hurt.
    wowguildmomma

Answer by wowguildmomma at 6:55 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• My kids go to bed at 7 pm. On Monday and Wednesday nights, we have Taekwondo from 8 to 9 pm, and they get to bed around 9:30. They seem a little sleepy the next day, but as long as it's only a couple of days a week, it's not a big deal.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:18 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• my kids thrive on routine so I don't mess it up if I don't have to. One of us stays home and the other goes or we decline the invite.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:19 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Usually no one went. They also didn't take classes that ended after 7pm. There was a reason they had a 7pm bedtime...because they needed to go to bed that early to get enough sleep for school the next day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:20 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Depends what the event is, what day of the week it is, etc. Sometimes we'll get a sitter, sometimes one of us will stay home, sometimes we'll all go, sometimes we won't go at all.
    Anonymous

• On the weekend, we all go, and take the pack and play and lay them down there, during the week noone goes. For Military family events ( mandatory)we go and and enjoy ourselves!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011