My daughter is 9 months and i breastfed her now i am pregnant again and my milk has stopped what kind of milk can i feed her besides formula?

she doesnt like formula, i introdced regular milk to her a couple times is that unsafe?

nanalove408

Asked by nanalove408 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should try to keep the cowsmilk away until 1 year because they have difficulty digesting it. You can try a different formula and see if she likes that.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• ive tried every formulla she throws it up. can i buy breastmilk from mothers who sell it?
    nanalove408

Comment by nanalove408 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I would call and talk to the ped. It could be an allergy situation you are dealing with . . .you should get some advice on what to do . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• she is used to breast milk.. should i call her doctor ? she wieghs the normal wieght for a 9month old i just believe i should still be giving her breastmilk. she is not allergic to anything i just never introduced formula until i got pregnant
    nanalove408

Comment by nanalove408 (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Call the doctor. You might have to try different formulas until you find one she can handle. They make sensitive tummy formulas.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Are you sure she isn't allergic? I only ask because if she just didn't like it I would think she would flat out refuse it, the fact that she's throwing it up would make me suspect allergy or lactose intolerance. Did you try the Gerber Good Start? It might be called Nestle Good Start now, I think the name changed at some point recently, but that is the one that worked for my dd. She has a casein allergy which is a milk protein and would throw up any other formula I tried.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• have you dried up all the way?
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 7:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• www.milkshare.org

It's a site for mothers like you :) The milk is donated, you just pay shipping.

Be careful and screen carefully, though.

I *might* be able to donate. PM me if you want :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• When i was breastfeeding my 3rd son i became pregnant with my 4th son and my 3rd son stopped BF, but he was 13 months. I have heard your milk can taste different due to the preg hormones...i think that is why my 3rd son stopped, but i didnt dry up at all. I had the opposite problem. I had more milk and leaked the entire pregnancy. My 4th son...who will be one on April 22nd got "real" milk from the start. I would ask your pediatritian if your LO can have pediasure and still try to BF. My son was given the OK to have pediasure at 9months because he was not putting on enough weight and was diagnosed with Failure to thrive.
    Anonymous

• Goats milk - it's super gentle, and I've seen WIC participants that get it for their babies who can't even handle nutramagin.
    Anonymous