Baby Shower Present

Hello,

What was the best baby shower present you got, that was not too typical, but you used a lot? I need ideas.

My SIL is pregnant and I want to give them something nice and unique. I have a little girl, and have some ideas, but I can use more.

Thanks Ladies for all your help

Maggie

lamping

Asked by lamping at 6:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• After her shower, there was nothing she didn't have. Target or Baby'RUS have great gift cards too.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• The BEST gift ever was food. With my third baby my family gave me a food shower. They brought over tons of homemade frozen meals. With the food I made ahead and the food they brought, I didn't have to cook for the first 6 weeks after my baby was born. I would make a weeks worth of dinners. Best gift EVER!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I love the idea for made-ahead dinners. Anyway, the thing I didn't register for or expect that I ended up loving was a small cd player. I never really thought of it but once I had it I put it in the nursery and played lullaby cd's on that cd player every night for 2 1/2 years. In fact, it just crapped out, probably from so much wear, so I need to get another one.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Look just buy a gift card of your choice, and let them shop for the baby. Trust me, I did, and it saved me because she got everything a baby need.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• i didnt expect anyone to get a pack n play for me..and that was my most used gift..uused for both of my younger ones,
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:38 PM on Apr. 18, 2011