Jobs don't matter?

The Obama administration has repeatedly said job creation is a top priority, but apparently the memo seems to have missed the bureaucrats at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

This became evident when EPA Assistant Administrator Mathy Stanislaus testified Thursday before an Environment and Energy subcommittee hearing that his agency does not take jobs into account when it issues new regulations.

“We have not directly taken a look at jobs in the proposal,” Stanislaus said, referring to a regulation that would govern industries that recycle coal ash and other fossil fuel byproducts.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/16/epa-official-says-jobs-don%e2%80%99t-matter/#ixzz1JuyoseNC

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Ugh.... They say one thing and do another, as always.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I HATE the EPA. I think the agency should be closed and the money saved redirected to deficit reduction.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:56 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• It's always been clear that American jobs don't matter to this adminstration. Just look at how they bungled the entire handling of the oil spill in the Gulf and how they are so opposed to Americans safely drilling for American oil there. Look at their tax schemes and utter disdain of anything that has the faintest aroma of capitalism on it. (Of course, we won't mention BHO's books that he somehow is still receiving royalties on. It must be required reading in several colleges somewhere. I wouldn't pay money for that dreck. When I read them -- know your enemy -- I borrowed them from the library.) It's clear that the EPA is not exempt from this job-indifference/hate just by the utter inanity that it spews from its offices. We pay for this garbage?!? I think I found an agency to shut down before the DoE. Let me just say that is truly impressive.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• The EPA needs to go away....so does Obama.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• The EPA needs to go away....so does Obama

Very very very quickly too!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Jobs....are only possible if companies can afford to hire people. How can the President be responsible for that?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

***

'Round and 'round and 'round we go.....
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:14 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• See my answer in the exact same question.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

*** '

Round and 'round and 'round we go.....

goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 4:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2011