Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do you deal with a controlling step-mother who interferes with communications and decisions between the birth father and mother?

Answer Question

Asked by BrendaC. at 7:25 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Parenting Debate

Level 3 (18 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • it's just not her place.

    Answer by amberpatterson at 7:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • ask her to stop interfering & tell your ex husband that you are not dealing with her anymore & if she continues, you'll hang up, leave or do whatever it takes. If she calls or whines, tell her you're done with her & hang up. You're not dealing with her period. Let it be known, let your inner bitch shine & tell them how it's going to be.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 7:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • Explain to you ex that you have a child with HIM not HER and you will not be discussing anything with her. If the situation continues, take it to court and file for full legal custody on the basis that he will not discuss your child with you so you should be the one to make decision regarding the child. I would also ask for Right of First Refusal so that she can't be alone with your child

    Answer by JLS2388 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

  • Tell her to butt out. She has no right.

    Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • You only call your ex on his cell phone and refuse to discuss anything with her. You and him are the parents she is just his wife.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • Yes, the step mom has NO legal right.....BUT...I just wonder how involved she in your childrens lives....she shouldn't be interfering when you try to communicate with your childrens father but maybe you should include her and let her be involved to some degree. I don't know how much time they spend with her or whose house they live in but in my eyes...she is a parent too and the decisions that are made for the children will affect her as well.

    Answer by JLang at 2:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • Go straight to your lawyer.

    Answer by MLM247 at 2:06 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.