Spots in the placenta. Did this happen to anyone during pregnancy???

I just had my second ultrasound done. The dr. said everything looked ok but he saw dark spots in the placenta. They look like cysts would look like, only in the placenta. He described them as "bubbles" in the placenta. I have never bled or spotted but sometimes get a little liquid leaking out. Has anyone gone through this? Did everything turn out ok?? He said i shouldnt be worried, but im a first-time mom so obviously i am! 

josi_g

Asked by josi_g at 7:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Depends how far along you are. If you are close to delivery I wouldn't sweat it too much. Typically if my OB says not to worry I don't. iIm paying him to keep me and my unborn child safe. I trust him to do the job he attended several years of schooling to do. I trust he will make the decision that is best suited for both of us.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Im about 17 weeks. He said a few spots r normal but i have more than a few. Hopefully ur right, and yea i guess i should trust if it was really serious he wouldn't tell me not to worry.
    josi_g

Comment by josi_g (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I had calcium spots on mine towards the end of my second pregnancy and they induced me at 37 weeks because it was interfering with his growth. He is still a tiny little man way behind on the size chart. I don't know if it's the same thing you are talking about though... I am sure your doctor knows what's going on with it, GL :)
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 11:09 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• yeah, he says it looks small, but growing normally. but i can deal with that if thats all thats wrong, there r worse things i suppose. thank u :)
    josi_g

Comment by josi_g (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011