Does anyone use mapmyrun.com?

Im doing the 30 miles in 30 day challenge. I need friends :)

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 7:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Oh honey I feel ya. I have a family history of everything. I was in the Navy, and I had a personal trainer, I could do 82 pushups, etc. Then last year I realized how HUGE I was letting myself get. I've lost 58 lbs so far by being healthy. You can do it!!! Your first 5K will be AMAZING! It's so inspiring to be in a race. The start line is just humming with energy and nerves, and I know I just feed off of it! I'm signed up to do my first half marathon in August, which I really hope to be prepared for! My longest run so far has been 5.25 miles (run/walk), and my "normal" run now is about 3.5 miles. I'll get there eventually! I'm hoping to do a 4 mile run Wednesday with my brother, who was also Navy, and who is very active. He's my workout buddy, even though he lives 2 hours away. We text each other all of our workouts, and bug each other if we haven't heard anything in a few days.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I use the free version, and I have the iPhone app. I also use Runkeeper Pro (also free). I love being able to track that stuff!
    Good luck with the C25K!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Never heard of it...but now I want to look it up. I run about 8 to 10 miles a day.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Ok just looked it up...seems like a waste of money to me.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:41 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Oh gosh! Im just starting LOL. Im doing the couch to 5k plan. I want to get fit again!
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Its free.ya sign up for the free one lol
    Mrs_Harsh

• I don't use it. I use Daily Mile. It's like facebook for active people. Super supportive and you can map out routes too. Love it!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:30 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Thanks music. I used to be super fit, trained wth my marine hubby and i dont know how i ever got this damn big. Plus my moms had 2 open heart surgeries and its scared me.
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Apr. 18, 2011