What happened to change her mind?

It wasn't that long ago that she was proud of her country for the first time in her life.

"What we have to do in this country is remember who we are and that's the reason why I like to travel and to get out because, look no matter what people say, when they see you.. They're excited and they're proud and you know, everybody, everybody has their detractors and that's part of what the political process is all about," First Lady Michelle Obama said on ABC's "The View" today.

"I want to embrace the country that I love. The country that I know is positive and fair and there's so much of that out there, that's it very easy to kind of push the other stuff aside and not take it in. It's easier than you'd imagine," Michelle Obama said.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• lol
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• The sudden "love" for America is due to it being the presidential campaign season!! Ugh.

That, and Democrats STILL haven't figured out the beauty of the internet!! LOL

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/02/michelle-obam-1.html

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Yeah she was proud of her country for the first time when she knew her husband had won and there was no danger in her words hurting his campaign and now that he's back on the trail she's all about it. Blah!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 8:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• BS.
    Anonymous

• LOL, if she really loves her country she will tell her husband NOT to run again!

It doesn't surprise me the EPA doesn't take jobs into consideration. I remember when the decimated the oil & gas industry with regulations. They have killed untold thousands of small businesses. My Mamo and Grandaddy have a propane & gas business...almost 65 years. The tanks have never been underground and they have never had a leak...but the EPA is requiring my Mamo to spend almost $100,000 to build a moat around around her storage area. She has 36 months to comply of face some very stiff fines. She is going to close up and retire shortly before the time expires. This will mean 10-12 people will be out of a job and the local farmers will have to get their fuel from more than 40 miles away. What is she to do though..it will cost almost an entire years income to comply.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Ah, yes. That's it, Lori. It's campaign season. Of course it is. Nothing brings out the true patriot in us all like campaign season.

eye rolling

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I see my "fan club" can't handle the truth!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:42 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• YSK I agree fairweather patriotism is not what this country needs right now. It's easy to be proud when things are going the way you want them to.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 8:58 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• We know people at Ft Bragg that joke about Michelle Obama.... The only time she cares about the military family is when it looks good for a photo op or it's nearing a campaign cycle... This is no different... She is a blow hard politician, just like her spousal unit.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• There are several issues you have brought up. Please clarify what you think that makes these issues connect?

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2011